Blogging Guidelines in Room 1

Wednesday 25 February 2015

Personal Writing

In Writing we have been focusing on constructing a personal text.  We used a text titled 'My Mother' as an exemplar.  The expectation was that students would follow the structure of the exemplar and create their own text about someone special in their lives.

Please check out your child's writing after reading the exemplar below.

My Mother
Do you have someone who is great, spends time with you, cares for you, and is an important person? Well, I do, and she has black hair, brown eyes, and a caring touch. That’s my mum.

My mum talks to me about many things. One of the things she talks to me about is what will happen when I grow up. She tells me what to do in case of an emergency. And one day I had a really bad day with my friends, and she told me what to do about it.

My mum and I spend a lot of time together. We play games, bake cookies, make necklaces, and draw doodle tricks. But our favourite thing to do is read. Our favourite book is If You Give a Mouse a Cookie.

Mum takes me shopping at the mall. We buy toys and clothes, and we eat at the café. We usually get Chinese food or go to a McDonald’s restaurant. When we ride the escalator, my mom pretends to fall back and says, “My shoestring’s stuck!”

My mum always laughs, and when she laughs she sounds like a hyena gone crazy! She doesn’t laugh every day, but when she does, it’s hilarious, and I have to laugh, too!


My mum is the greatest. I love how she jokes around. She is always fun no matter what, and she gives me great advice. My mum is more than a mum; she is like my best friend!
 Enjoy the writing!

1 comment:

  1. Great reading about all these special Mum's in Room 1. I do hope that you all tell your Mums that they are VERY SPECIAL to you!
    Ms Crowley

    ReplyDelete