* BE SAFE: Do not give away your identity by posting…
- last name
- phone number
- details about your life (e.g. l love going Riding at 4pm on Wednesdays).
* BE RESPECTFUL- Follow the Comment Guidelines*- Don’t say anything that might be offensive to someone else.- Be considerate of others.
* BE LITERATE- Use your best grammar, spelling and punctuation.- No abbreviations and shortcuts incl.- You are showcasing yourself to the world. Be Proud of what you do!
COMMENTING GUIDELINES in ROOM 1
For a comment to be accepted by a teacher, it will be at least one of the following;- Positive – Compliment the author on something specific they have shared.
“I like the way…..”
- Making a Connection – Commenting about a post that reminds you of something you have read, seen, viewed or done.
“I’ve read a book that is about Africa too!”
Helpful – Adding more information to the post. “Did you think about ….”
- Questions – Asking a question about a post. “Why did you….”
- Editing – Correct a grammatical or spelling mistake. “Remember to use a
full stop…I think you spell…”
- Named. Own your comment! Comments should show others that you have read what they have written rather than just saying “great job”.